Friday, August 28, 2009

"Hello, Goodbye"











I consider myself an "on again off again" Beatles fan, but I found myself singing "Hello, Goodbye" the other day to myself and thought- wait- that fits this new school year perfectly!! "Hello" to our new staff members (and one returnee=)) and "Goodbye" to our retirees! We will lose over 146 years of combined experience! What a huge void to try and fill next year. Jane and Larry Vahle are pictured on top while Kristin Ehteshami and Joe Thomas are below.

Our new staff pictured at the top of the page consists of in front left to right; Jennifer Bamonte, Mary Rooks, Robert Johnson, Rob Wallon, and Don Stinson. Welcome aboard!

Our new staff went through a couple of days of in-service this summer and will benefit from our new teacher mentoring program that is now in place. Thanks to Cindy Shannon and Kathleen Wilkey for making this a reality and to our participating Mentors- you have an important job to do!

I talk often about leaving your legacy- making your mark on an organization- and our retirees have certainly done that. I wish them all a great year- a year full of "lasts"- but a year in which I hope they are able to identify and reflect on their many contributions to the lives of our students and staff- past and present!!

No comments:

Post a Comment